Tradition and quality for generations
In summer 1897, two Löhne businessmen built an unusually large kiln for firing bricks on land belonging to the Schwagmeier family: the Dampfziegelei Tonwerk Wilhelmshöhe.
Up until 1960, bricks for building houses were produced during the frost-free months at the Wilhelmshöhe clay-works (apart from a shut-down during WW2). In 1960, Wilfried Schwagmeier built a drying facility which made it possible to manufacture all year round. In 1969 the ring kiln was replaced with a tunnel kiln, which makes the special KERAWIL firing process possible. In the 1980s, our company specialised in the manufacture of high-quality paving clinkers.
2020, long-standing partners have invested in the company, including IPLS AG based in Switzerland headed by Eugen Schamne. KERAWIL is now in IPLS group of companies.